Friday, August 26, 2011

Pulley Card

WOW!!!  Have you ever spent WAAYYY too much time on ONE card!! Well, this one took me all day!  At least it seemed that way ;-)
I followed Michelle's directions on her blog, Michelle's Rubber Room.   Her video is Awesome!! The card itself did not actually take that much time.  Kind of fun.  I cheated a little, in that I attached the inside tags before embellishing them. That way I knew I wouldn't go too far over with the sentiments and I wouldn't have to worry about which direction they were supposed to be adhered.
The most time spent, actually, was trying to line up the computer generated sentiments with the Cricut. In "theory", it's supposed to be simple.  Welllll, I guess I didn't do it the "simple" way, because it took me SEVERAL tries.  None the less, I didn't give up and persevered!!!!
Now that I have this down, I KNOW I won't try to computer generate sentiments in such a TIGHT space!!  All in all, a FUN card to make!!! It does take a custom envelope.  I will share in another post how I did that.


Card closed

Card Opened!

Left Tab
Right Tab
   

3 comments:

  1. I just love this card! Which cartridge did you use for the fishing pole and fish? So adorable!

    Thank you very much for visiting our Dressed to the Nines Blog Hop. We are a group of ladies on the Cricut Message Board that LOVES Dress Forms. Hope you will visit us there and maybe join in the fun.

    On a personal note...I too...am an empty nester with two daughters in college. So we have a couple of things in common.

    I look forward to visiting your blog again!

    JanaZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie! Your cards are beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Cricut Circle Sisters Fall Blog Hop.

    You asked about the photo software that I use, but sadly I only use Kodak Easyshare to print my pictures at home in different sizes and then cut them to line them up. I did purchase PhotoShop Elements a few months ago, but haven't really taken the time to learn how to use it.

    Lisa B
    Addictedtothecricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your hard work was totally worth it, adorable card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!!!

Stephanie