Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter

We had a lovely Easter dinner at my sister's.  I put this basket together to hold the cute carrots that I cut using a digital file from Cricut Craft Room.  After I purchased the file on line, I then updated my Gypsy  using Cricut Sync and the file was then ready to use!  Plus, the Cricut Craft Room basic shapes were there too!!  (Yay for free shapes and fonts!)


I cut the Happy Easter out of vinyl.  I believe I used MS Elegant Cakes for the font. The tulle was white and I dyed it using Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink and some water on my craft mat.  VERY easy and dries quickly (when you blot out the water with a paper towel), just remember to use gloves!! Very messy, but the ink did wash out of my hands after two or three washes!

I used green raffia on the carrots and an embossing folder for the smaller ones.  Also, I used Scotch white glue to seal.  I just started using this glue after Carolyn of  Carolyn's Crafty Corner shared how wonderful it is for paper.


These carrots were so fun to put together and EVERYONE enjoyed the jelly beans and Reese's peanut butter eggs that were inside!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute project! I haven't tried using alcohol inks on tulle but I'll definitely have to do so in the future. I do love the Scotch Quick-dry glue! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just now seeing this! So cute! Creatively blessed! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!! Woot-woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those carrots turned out fantastic!!! I can certainly see why everyone enjoyed them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting!!!

Stephanie