Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Marching Band Items

Here are a couple of the items I created during Marching Band Camp ....

These will be the Seniors pins for the first home game ... used the Sure Cuts A Lot software and gift boxes as the tag board. Our mascot is the Longhorn, hence the western buttons. These are taking quite a while to create, but I think it will be worth it in the end.

No Cricut used on this item. These were little "badges" for the students to add to their gear bags. Kind of like girl scout's SWAP items ... The item is a snare drum because we all went to the Drum Core International Competition at the Georgia Dome. Again, these took a lot of time, but they turned out cute. Can't see that in the photo though. I started with small wooden spools and painted them, then wrote "DCI 2009" on each. The drum sticks are toothpicks with small beads on the end. Maybe next year I'll make them into earrings and they'll be more popular.

The bowling pins and bowling ball below were cut with the Cricut. It was interesting that foam from different companies (Hobby Lobby versus Michael's) cut differently. I believe I used the deep cut blade housing (whew, expensive) and not sure if it was needed or not.




Again, I used the SCAL software, found an image on line, and used Inkscape to make it compatible with SCAL version 1. Sure wish I had had version 2!!!! So, wasn't so happy with how some of the foam cut, but then some of the foam from HL cut a whole lot cleaner. Trial and error, I guess. AND, don't you know that I didn't write any of this down for future reference!!! UGH!!! Oh well. These were a lot of fun. They were badges for our bowling night during Band Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Visiting!!!

Stephanie